Howdy Crashers! I've posted a new version of Crashed Lander to the Beta channel for all platforms. This version includes a new camera system and a few other cosmetic changes. It also includes some player-suggestions additions like a toggle for inverted mouselook and adjustments for the gamepad deadzone.
To opt-in to the beta channel: Right-click on the game icon in your library, choose Properties from the pop-up menu, click on the Betas tab, then choose the _beta option inthe drop-down menu. Your game should update itself to the new version automatically.
If you do try the beta I'd love to hear how it's working for you. Drop a note over on the forums or send me a message at BrainBlinks.com. Once I'm sure that the new version is working I'll push it over to the main channel for everyone to play.
July 6th - v2.6 beta
- New, smoother camera. The cam now zooms out a little as the lander speeds up and smooths out the transition when you turn sharply. Looks nice and should be more comfortable for some people in VR.
- New keys to control the gamepad deadzone - 0 and 9. This should help folks who have old, very loose gamepads. Player suggestion.
- New key to toggle inverted mousleook - V. Player Suggestion.
- New version of the Sky is Falling and Ring Runner Twins levels. The landscapers finally came by and spruced the place up. :) New particle effects on these levels, too.
- New path the the Ring Runner Horns level.
- Optimized the Jungle Fog levels. The old version was causing poor performance on the Rift, so I cleaned it up a bit and put in a more efficient fog effect.
- Both game modes now share the same control scripts. This will make it easier to make changes in the future.
- New Brain Blinks splash screen on load. Skippable with spacebar or mouseclick.
- Music is now off on the tutorial level. Player Suggestion.
- Fixed a glitch where game gets stuck in slow-motion mode when restarting.
- New particle effects when the lander explodes.